Butterfly Miss You

Today I am sharing an old technique with a little twist. The technique is known as Embossing Folder Stamping, where you ink up an embossing folder on the label side, spritz with water and put your paper on top, holding until the ink is soaked up, leaving you with the design of the embossing folder.

Today, I am using a 3D Embossing folder on the label side but this time I am using Distress Oxide Spray inks. I have a box that I do my spraying in, which I strongly suggest, or do the spraying outside.

I placed my embossing folder open inside the box, sprayed the labelled side with the 3 colours of inks and spritzed with water. I did not use as much water as I would when using ink pads, as the spray ink has fluid in it.

I spritzed my watercolour paper on both sides, to keep it from warping and to help in soaking up the ink, and placed it on top of the inks. I did not run my hands over the paper, but I did touch the paper with my fingers in areas of the paper, no rhyme nor reason with that. 

Once I thought the inks had transferred, about 35 seconds or so, I lifted the paper straight up so as to not cause a disruption of the inks and placed it on my craft mat to dry. I do not use any heating tools as they do warp the paper, which drives me crazy when it comes time to glue it down.

In the meantime, using white cardstock, I die cut two rows of the butterfly strings. Using Copic markers I coloured the bottom row of butterflies with Copic RV69. For the top row I used RV25 on the ends, YR09 on second from the right, and RV04 on the butterfly second from the left. I then applied Midas Shimmering Pen to all the butterflies on the top row.

To finish up my card, I stamped the sentiment using the archival black ink and masking the "r" from the word "your" to make it "you". I then added splatters of black acrylic paint to the panel. 

In the mean time I styled both rows of the butterflies, attaching the bottom row to foam squares and gluing on the top row with Nuvo adhesive.

When the embossed panel was dry I sponged on Aged Mahogany Distress ink and Vintage Photo Distress ink, going around all the edges of the card. I then attached the panel to a Kraft cardstock base, and added the butterfly strings.

This style is a bit different for me, but I do like to change it up from time to time, just to keep myself interested, let alone others.

Thank you for stopping by today for a visit.

Following are Affiliate links for the products that I have used for this card, at no extra cost to you.


xoxo, Kia