Tea Time

I received this stamp set earlier this week, and the die for it came later this week, and I also finally ordered and received the new Speckled Egg colour of Distress Oxide inks.

I can honestly say I am not over the moon about the Speckled Egg, but had to complete my set, and in saying that I think I need to take some therapy for my full set syndrome!

The little hedgie set is really cute though. I have admired him for a few months, so am happy that I finally got him.

The background is done using a Kaisercraft stamp called Paint Splatter. I have had this stamp for a long time, and finally pulled it out to use for this card. I heat embossed gold embossing powder on Neenah cardstock then die cut the piece using Penny Black's Stitched Stackers die.

I then sponged on the Speckled Egg, Peacock Feathers and Chipped Sapphire, blending as I went then set it aside to dry.

With birthday money I invested in the Daniel Smith Ultimate Mixing Set. Here are the colours that are included in this set. Before I invest in the tubes I like to try out colours to see if I like them. I really wanted to try the Quinacridone Rose and the Pyrrol colours, along with the Goethite and Phthalo Green Blue Shade.

I used the Pyrrol Scarlet on my teacup. It was a toss between it and the Quinacridone Rose as both would look great with the blues.

First I coloured the hedgehog using my Nuvo Aqua Pens and stamped on Arches Cold Press watercolour paper. I then stamped another hedgehog on photocopy paper and cut out the hedgehog, to use as a mask while heat embossing the balance of the Teacup in gold.

Painting with the Pyrrol Scarlet, then to add some highlights on the teacup I cleaned my brush then swiped along both sides of the line in the middle of the teacup, which removed some of the colour, and lightening the area. With a damp brush I then blended the colours.

For the Hedgie I mixed together the Goethite with Burnt Sienna, and watered down a bit of it for parts of the face and paws. To make the black I mixed Jane's Grey with Burnt Umber until dark, added a bit of Pyroll Crimson and more Jane's Grey to get the rich black.

And some Quinacridone Gold to his cheeks to finish.

I attached the panel to my Neenah cardbase, then attached the Teacup using foam squares. I die cut the TEA letters from the gold cardstock twice, glued together and attached using Nuvo Adhesive.

I had a difficult time getting a picture of this card as my camera did not like the Pyroll Scarlett. It kept coming out looking like a layer of grey went over it. I moved windows and finally the colours showed correctly. I don't use lights to take pictures, so it is something that is done by natural light. Some times it doesn't work out!

Thank you for joining me today. Following are Affiliate Links for the products that I have used for this card, at no extra cost to you.


xoxo, Kia